RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swear my truck was built on a Friday or a Monday after the Super Bowl, something. Purchased my 2017 last March, currently it has 13,000 miles. Since buying it, the headliner had to be replaced because the glue never set right so it was falling down. The heater didn't work, which resulted in several trips and maybe 2 months without the truck. The battery developed a short. And now the timing chain cover is leaking, dealership said 5-7 days for the parts.

FCA has been non-exsistant in this process. With the heater alone, 3 STAR cases and no help. So the dealership called an engineer directly and he was helping then said Screw it, you guys figure it out. Luckily I don't have any complaints with the servicing dealership, they have been great thru all this. The purchasing dealership, they are a bunch of clowns in the service department. good thing for me, the dealership I take it to now is about 5 miles from the house

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called them a few times and always got the "work with the dealership" answer. Wrote them a letter as well, but didn't hear anything back.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I called them a few times and always got the "work with the dealership" answer. Wrote them a letter as well, but didn't hear anything back.
I too felt the "customer" service part of FCA is terrible. They once (literally) told me to hire a lawyer to resolve my issue.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I swear my truck was built on a Friday or a Monday after the Super Bowl, something. Purchased my 2017 last March, currently it has 13,000 miles. Since buying it, the headliner had to be replaced because the glue never set right so it was falling down. The heater didn't work, which resulted in several trips and maybe 2 months without the truck. The battery developed a short. And now the timing chain cover is leaking, dealership said 5-7 days for the parts.

FCA has been non-exsistant in this process. With the heater alone, 3 STAR cases and no help. So the dealership called an engineer directly and he was helping then said Screw it, you guys figure it out. Luckily I don't have any complaints with the servicing dealership, they have been great thru all this. The purchasing dealership, they are a bunch of clowns in the service department. good thing for me, the dealership I take it to now is about 5 miles from the house
That is a long time to fix a heater. Look into your lemon laws in New Mexico. If you case fits the NM laws, lemon that thing back to the scrap yard.

·
Registered
19 Posts
In my case my repurchased vehicle did not go to the scrap yard. I don't know how FCA handles repurchases, but 29 years ago I purchased a 1990 GMC Suburban that was repurchased after 6 months of ownership. A few weeks after we settled, I received a phone call from a prospective buyer of my repurchased Suburban asking me why we had pursued a Lemon Law settlement. I told the buyer that the Suburban had horrendous water leaks near the windshield caused by poor body fitment at the firewall and cowl. I don't know how the repair was made because it appeared to require total disassembly of the front of the truck, realignment of the firewall and cowl, welding and repaint. In reality someone at the dealership probably filled in the gap with caulking compound and declared it "repaired." I sarcastically suggested a pre-purchase inspection consisting of a half hour spent in a coin car wash checking for leaks. I was stunned that 1. the truck was placed back on the market, and 2. someone would be foolish enough to purchase a Lemon Law vehicle.
We currently have a 2015 Ecodiesel that we could easily have had repurchased due to time in the shop for regenerations and two limp mode encounters. Over 50 days in the shop in less than a year of ownership. A wiring harness was replaced and we have not had a recurrence of the problems. However, we regret not doing calling in the Lemon Law. Had the Hemi been a quieter ride we would have done so (Interesting how the new Hemi now has a noise cancelling system). I've been watching the local Craigslist ads and used Ecodiesels are not moving.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Picked the truck up from the dealer today and everything so far seems to be fine. They were more than helpful with providing updates and a loaner while they had the truck. While they had it there was an update to the PCM, anybody have any ideas what the update was for? They just told me it was a general software update

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Picked the truck up from the dealer today and everything so far seems to be fine. They were more than helpful with providing updates and a loaner while they had the truck. While they had it there was an update to the PCM, anybody have any ideas what the update was for? They just told me it was a general software update
See any other threads on this forum about a settlement? Or an AEM software flash?

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
He has a 2017 model so I don't believe he needs one. It might have been the auto park update.
Good catch. Not sure the shifter update would be in the PCM or another module.

tmckinley, does your paperwork from the dealer list the software update number?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Auto park was updated previously. The verbiage from the service write up, 19-011 2017 DS 30L POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE UPDATES (RRT 1) PCM UDATES COMPLETED RRT, FLASH UPDATED THE PCM PROM PN 68320202AP TP PN 68320202AR, VERIFIED FLASH UPDATE AND SOFTWARE LEVELS. LOP 19-19-04-JQ.

Honestly it doesn't really matter too me since I put the stock PCM back in before I took it to the dealer, but I was curious as to the update. As soon as I got back home I put in my GDE back in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts