RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife will not leave house and orders for delivery from WalMart. I told her to order me three gallons of Shell Rotella T6. $37 a gallon. Stopped that quick.

So, after the shock of seeing a huge price increase I started looking around bot locally and on the internet. The shock of seeing price increases continued until I found a typical price on Amazon, shipped in. Ordered the 3 gallons and some other oils I needed at "normal" pricing plus tax.

Just an alert for you if you plan on changing your oil soon. My brief experience on this topic was a "eye-opener". Hope you find your oil purchase pricing to still be normal where you are.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Glad I changed oil in the Ram last week. That's hiway robbery unless it was for the 2.5 gallon jug. I thought oil prices were going down. Gas in STL is below $1.90/gal & diesel is ~$2.40/gal.

I've also noticed some weird stuff going on with internet recently. Price changes in cart, availability changes etc.

·
Registered
392 Posts
So far our local places have kept their prices the same. Although, the caveat is that most places in Canada have an obese mark up to begin with. Now with our dollar in Mexican Peso territory, I suspect imported oils will begin to inflate.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Wow, I thought if gas / fuel went down oil would too. I should have bought more when I could.
Tractor supply had it on sale for something like $46 for 2 1/2 gals last summer and you could get 2 $17 rebates from Shell.
I only bought 2 because of the limit on the rebates. Should have bought 4! :(

·
Registered
37 Posts
I usually buy my 5w40 Valvoline on Amazon but after trying to order last week and seeing it went up $20 for 3 gallons, it was now cheaper to purchase it through the local parts store.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts