RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
81 - 84 of 84 Posts

· Registered
2,552 Posts
See if anybody knew where the best place to buy them was.
I've bought my last 4 sets from Tire Buyer . com. I've found them to have the best prices--normally. Also, free shipping if you have them sent to one of their authorized installers.

Now, the reason I ended up with the Falkens that I didn't like in the first place was because I procrastinated and didn't order in time for a trip I was going on. So I called them and the CSR located the Falkens at a warehouse that was closer to me and at a better price than the tires that I initially wanted. They actually got to the installer same day and installed the next.

· Premium Member
2019 Ram 2500 Cummins - EX Ecodiesel owner.
15,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Still hard for me to wrap around the idea of buying internet or mail-order for a low price. Then finding someone to install them locally, especially if that business or person also sells the same tire.

Old school I guess. Just grew up with values to support the neighbor and his businesses if possible. Kind of think the pricing either way would be the same because of the additional charges for labor locally when that is usually included in the quoted price.

· Registered
2017 Ram 1500 4x4 Bighorn CC/SB EcoDiesel
212 Posts
Still hard for me to wrap around the idea of buying internet or mail-order for a low price. Then finding someone to install them locally, especially if that business or person also sells the same tire.

Old school I guess. Just grew up with values to support the neighbor and his businesses if possible. Kind of think the pricing either way would be the same because of the additional charges for labor locally when that is usually included in the quoted price.
Tirerack.com has a network of shops that you can pick from to have your tires shipped to. The shops still take your money to do the installation and it's more business for them.
Also, By ordering the tires online and then taking them to your local shop you're still supporting your neighbor's business. You're still paying them for the labor. Just ask them if they're ok with that arrangement. Most are, some aren't. In most cases it's actually less hassle for them because they didn't have to do the searching and ordering, although it may be a tiny little bit more work for you(and that's probably the real issue). That being said, when buying tires I give my favorite shop a call after pricing online and sometimes they've even beat the online deals. Everyone's tire dealer experience may vary. You may be more old school(or just more old) but our values for supporting local businesses are the same.

· Premium Member
2019 Ram 2500 Cummins - EX Ecodiesel owner.
15,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Did get old but that's not my fault. Checked the options and they were not good.

When I bought my last set of tires I did follow the advice of others here. It was suggested I check Costco and Sam's Club. Not ever knowing much of them I first checked and you pay to join and buy. Their prices were attractive but not very attractive. Add on me fiding and driving to a store, paying the membership, getting a product and then getting it put on made things rather high.

As mentioned, I checked three local tire shops. One was kind of high, one was OK and the third was lower than anyone I checked, internet, paid store or local. Bought them there and had them put on right there.

Do shop on the internet a bit for parts. Better than driving all over and taking lots of time to find things, pay taxes on it and drive back. Not sure about finding stuff, shipping it to the house, loading heavy stuff into the truck then driving around to get it installed. I like "one and done". Even if it costs me a couple dollars more, which it did not.

Appreciate the opinion. Other readers will learn from all this making this thread even more valuable.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts