RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
anyone get performance pages to work?

i tryed on my canadian ram. Truck now says SRT when it starts, it has all the SRT themes but no performance pages. Im running uconnect 17.43.01
Did you ever have a subscription to UConnect?

I never did, except for the trial period that comes with the purchase of a new vehicle.

I remember reading somewhere on the AppCar site about it is only available to folks with a active Uconnect subscription.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
no uconnect subscriptions in Canada. Uconnect works on the CDMA network and canada is slowly turning off the CDMA network (if its all not completely off).

i set my DRLs to the fog lights at voltage of 12.2. They are working and are on full brightness

·
Registered
481 Posts
no uconnect subscriptions in Canada. Uconnect works on the CDMA network and canada is slowly turning off the CDMA network (if its all not completely off).

i set my DRLs to the fog lights at voltage of 12.2. They are working and are on full brightness
Could you see what voltage they were set at by the factory?

·
Registered
575 Posts

Nice. Glad you have some light.

I was not aware of the lack of CDMA service in Canada. GSM is the international standard. So why not join the club.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Nice. Glad you have some light.

I was not aware of the lack of CDMA service in Canada. GSM is the international standard. So why not join the club.
Canada has CDMA. As well, Cansda had GSM long before the USA. So our wireless telecom infrastructure is not the excuse for the lack of connectivity. Just pure lack of effort by FCA.

And now that it is SiriusXM Guardian, its so unreliable I wish it wasn’t in my RAM! I hate having crap in my vehicles that doesn’t work.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
This thing is great. Just enabled my DRLs. Going to set up my fogs next...

Diagnostic features are great too. A lot more info than is available on a standard reader. worth the money.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Canada has CDMA. As well, Cansda had GSM long before the USA. So our wireless telecom infrastructure is not the excuse for the lack of connectivity. Just pure lack of effort by FCA.

And now that it is SiriusXM Guardian, its so unreliable I wish it wasn’t in my RAM! I hate having crap in my vehicles that doesn’t work.
Yes but canada is slowly turning off CDMA, its the old standard. In newfoundland there is no longer a CDMA network in most places. Just GSM (3g, 4g, LTE) now.

My DRLs were set to 7.2 stock i believe. There set on 12.2 now (so I can run LED bulbs without flicker).

·
Super Moderator
4,037 Posts
If I remember correctly, FCA went with Sprint for the service provider for UConnect. That is the reason for it not working in Canada. It has nothing to do with if it's on GSM or CDMA
What is stupid is why they went 3G to begin with.

·
Registered
481 Posts
If I remember correctly, FCA went with Sprint for the service provider for UConnect. That is the reason for it not working in Canada. It has nothing to do with if it's on GSM or CDMA
What is stupid is why they went 3G to begin with.
There are three national carriers in Canada, all capable of high speed data using GSM based HSPA/LTE. There is no lack of technology, quite the opposite.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This thing is great. Just enabled my DRLs. Going to set up my fogs next...

Diagnostic features are great too. A lot more info than is available on a standard reader. worth the money.
Did you use your fog lights for your DRLs, or do you have the projector headlights and using the LED turn signals? If so, does it enable them at full brightness for DRLs?

Thanks!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
There are three national carriers in Canada, all capable of high speed data using GSM based HSPA/LTE. There is no lack of technology, quite the opposite.
I never said there was a lack of technology. But CDMA is an old standard. Which is in the process of being phased out that's all. If anything we are ahead of the US on carrier technology (though we are WAY behind on carrier pricing)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Did you use your fog lights for your DRLs, or do you have the projector headlights and using the LED turn signals? If so, does it enable them at full brightness for DRLs?

Thanks!
You can do what you like. (highs as DRLs, lows as DRLs, fogs as DRLs as well as turn signals i believe). YOu can also set the voltage of the DRL You can also set the voltage from low to high depending on what you want.

·
Registered
766 Posts
On my 2019 Bighorn, I have the DRL option in the display. I can turn on/off. Though for whatever reason, FCA has "the headlights" on as a DRL here, at full brightness,, so I leave DRL off. If I wanted my headlights on, I would turn on, LMAO.....(I know in Canada DRL required)(LOL)...:cool:

·
Registered
2,322 Posts

Thanks!
I have projectors. I enabled the turn signals as DRLs at full brightness... I think you can do dim as well.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I just purchased. Now, if they can work on it with the KJ. I noticed that it works with the Grand Caravan Diesels.

·
Registered
790 Posts
After playing with Appcar DiagFCA a bit I developed a few questions. So, I sent their Support this email and thought I'd share it with you all. Maybe someone has the answers, maybe this will help someone. Open to comments :)

I purchased your program and an UBDLink MX - thanks for the recommendation.
I sent this inquiry last week to Krzysztof Rokicki (who has been very helpful) but did not receive a response.
Maybe it didn't reach him, so I am resending with some modification.

So far I've made my DRLs the fogs at low voltage, fogs on with high beams and fogs "off" switch on high beams.
Great program, intuitive and it works!

I do have a some of questions:

1 - When I connect to the UBDLink MX using your "Bluetooth direct" setting all works fine except when I
"test the Interface". It says it is testing but it does not test and the program disconnects from the
UBDLink MX.

When I connect to the UBDLink MX using your "Serial Port USB/Bluetooth" setting on "com6" it runs fine
and tests the Em327 all versions fine (except 2.0 and 2.1 = 0).

Am I doing something wrong or? Which is better, Bluetooth direct or Serial Port USB/Bluetooth?
Suggestions?

2 - When I inquired about the best scanner you said, "In that case the OBDLink MX bluetooth would be the best.
This device will give you access to all modules in your Ram".

With your program I think I can only see one network, I assume it is the CAN-C. Did I miss some way to
access the other network? If your program cannot access all my Ram networks/modules did you recommend
the MX primarily because it does have the capability if a program so permits?

3 - One of the options mentions Halogen to HID conversion. Does this eliminate the need for Canbus adapters
and resistors? Or, what does this do?

4 - My fogs are Baja Designs LED quads. When I set them as my DRLs I used 6.2v. Then I called Baja Designs to
ask if running their LED quads on low voltage would cause any problems. Baja Designs said their lights need
12v to work. That 6.2v will not light them. So, now I don't know what the program is doing. It obviously
is not reducing the voltage because my fogs are working very brightly as DRLs. Comments?

5 - I assume your program is married to my Vin No. That is, it cannot be used on another vehicle. Correct?

6 - Is there any documentation available that would further explain each item in the program's Diagnostics and
Programming section? If not, forthcoming? It would sure help!

Thanks again for your service and support - much appreciated.

John Jensen

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have received everything needed to run AppCar.

I have a 2018 RAM 1500
SGW Firewall Bypass Installed (zAuto)
OBDLink MX Bluetooth
Windows 10

I can get connected and reset codes etc with the Android OBDLink app, but cannot get anything from AppCar.

I connect, but there are no options. So I have sent an email to AppCar to figure out what gives...

cp4.JPG

·
Registered
657 Posts
Just got back from a road trip to my nephews wedding in Denver. Will try to hook it up tonight. Must have read it wrong but the Edge Insight CTS2 will not change speed on your speedometer due to tire size change! just internally in the unit itself. Still finding an Edge CTS2 for $200 is a good find and a great tool to have on road trips and for towing!

·
Registered
790 Posts
I connect, but there are no options. So I have sent an email to AppCar to figure out what gives...
Domino,
I had the same thing happen. As it turned out I was impatient. After connecting, it took a few minutes to hook up and display the options.
Hopefully, that's all your problem amounts to, let us know.

41 - 60 of 252 Posts