RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

101 - 120 of 257 Posts

·
Administrator
8,677 Posts
OK, for those who would like to see more about this program and just some of the functioned. I just took 70 screenshots and I still didn't capture all the functions.

Here is a link to a share drive that I created for AlphaOBD Help.

I have also downloaded my BCM current config. If you read through you can see how much is in there.
Are all of these functions currently supported for the Ram Ecodiesel?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Did a little BCM programming with the AppCar app, while I was upgrading my lighting.

0910181048a.jpg
0910181048.jpg
0910181040_HDR.jpg
Screen Shot 09-10-18 at 11.37 AM.PNG

Reactions: RedRyder and 97hmcs

·
Registered
481 Posts
Reconfigure tire size and stay permanent?
Its there. Have not verified though. So many tire/wheel sizes to choose from. I captured some in the screen caps that I posted a link to above/.

Reactions: BrianS

·
Registered
481 Posts
Are all of these functions currently supported for the Ram Ecodiesel?
All functions are listed, however it appears that there are many within the modules in the vehicle that are not used. if the vehicle has the function, it appears to be supported.

This application seems to be a pull from the module and then it triggers any change. The challenge is when there are multiple changes that need to be made to support one feature (e.g. 4 for the ITBC)

·
Administrator
8,677 Posts
All functions are listed, however it appears that there are many within the modules in the vehicle that are not used. if the vehicle has the function, it appears to be supported.

This application seems to be a pull from the module and then it triggers any change. The challenge is when there are multiple changes that need to be made to support one feature (e.g. 4 for the ITBC)
Does this list appear to be accurate for known working codes? https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cOPRgM7z957XJTg16NSjozfXNbrHdjkRQzCs2t0HYRc/edit

·
Registered
481 Posts
Does this list appear to be accurate for known working codes? https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...Cs2t0HYRc/edit
Please remember, I'm only sharing what I know so far. So far I'm thrilled.

That is a list of confirmed supported functions for the RAM that I referred to earlier. As far as I can see the EcoDiesel is no different that the rest when it comes to the BCM. There are references to Diesel features.

·
Administrator
8,677 Posts
Please remember, I'm only sharing what I know so far. So far I'm thrilled.

That is a list of confirmed supported functions for the RAM that I referred to earlier. As far as I can see the EcoDiesel is no different that the rest when it comes to the BCM. There are references to Diesel features.
Oh the same as my post #89

·
Registered
481 Posts
This looks pretty cool as well... if it can program RF keys for the truck thats pretty bad a$$... one of my keys is dying. Appcar does not do that.
I have been wondering that myself. It does speak on fobik programming. Not sure if it’s that simple.

·
Registered
481 Posts
The APPCAR developer just emailed me in regard to ITBC. they have added the CSM functions that are required to complete the install. If you have APPCAR, there is a database update.

Reactions: 97hmcs

·
Registered
308 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
It will work, however there are two buses on the RAM and the LX only accesses one of them. Therefor you will be limited in comparison to the MX. I have no idea what the limit is...

·
Registered
308 Posts
It will work, however there are two buses on the RAM and the LX only accesses one of them. Therefor you will be limited in comparison to the MX. I have no idea what the limit is...
Thanks. Hopefully another member can elaborate, I'm not sure which bus the ITBC is on.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Reactions: chizzle1 and 97hmcs

·
Registered
308 Posts
I am currently using that one. Right now, it is doing everything i want.
many thanks. I need to pick up a cheap bluetooth usb adapter for my laptop and download the software. how much is the appcar software?

·
Registered
481 Posts
many thanks. I need to pick up a cheap bluetooth usb adapter for my laptop and download the software. how much is the appcar software?
Appcar is $49USD locked to one VIN. AlphaOBD is $49USD locked to a PC or Google Play Account.

Reactions: Tatts_ED

·
Registered
924 Posts
Appcar is $49USD locked to one VIN. AlphaOBD is $49USD locked to a PC or Google Play Account.
Interesting the way they charge you.
Appcar says 49.00 and charged me 49.00. AlpfaOBD says 49.00 but charges at the exchange rate, last week they charged me 59.05.

101 - 120 of 257 Posts