RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

441 - 460 of 728 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Well, Kazimoda wins the prize. It's a GDE tune, since mass soot is not changing and Urea dosing valve is not firing I'm assuming it's an offroad tune. Oil pressure light goes off while driving, comes on when stopped.
Anybody want a GDE offroad tuned ECU?
Thanks for all the help guys
Yes I would be if it's from a 2016 Limited.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well, Kazimoda wins the prize. It's a GDE tune, since mass soot is not changing and Urea dosing valve is not firing I'm assuming it's an offroad tune. Oil pressure light goes off while driving, comes on when stopped.
How much?

·
Registered
165 Posts
So whoever uses this would also need to add a real oil pressure sensor to their truck.

·
Registered
74 Posts
For those looking to pick up a used ecm as a spare and change vin and Injector codes with obd, which model years use compatible tunes?

I'm looking for a ecm for a 2014 so I believe that one from a my15 will also work but a 16 uses a different version and will throw a code, (is my17 the same as 16?)
Are Jeep oem tunes completely different?
I have the gde currently and don't want it overwritten

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
cartwright , see post # 406 a couple pages back ,
the 2014 do not have DEF quality sensor , if you put
in your truck a 2016 module , the software will be looking for the data from that
sensor and not receive any , it will then throw a code ,( U02A2 )
I don't know if the 2015 software if looking for that DEF quality sensor feedback ,
according to post # 422 , the 2015 also does not have the DEF quality sensor .

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've 2 - 2015 ECM'S for my 2014 truck. They are not looking for the def quality sensor.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
293 Posts
What if my injector code letters were rubbed off that sticker? Is there any way to get that information? Someone mentioned it's on the injector itself. How does one get to it?

·
Registered
316 Posts
What if my injector code letters were rubbed off that sticker? Is there any way to get that information? Someone mentioned it's on the injector itself. How does one get to it?
My truck has a sticker on the HPDP cover that has the injector codes on it. You’ll probably have to remove it to read them, kind of a PITA, but probably easier than getting them off the injectors.

Bottom sticker has the codes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
You should be able to upload the engine info log with the injector codes recorded there. Use the Tools screen to upload the "Faults and info log".
The injector codes should be displayed and recorded to the log when "Read system status" is used (on the Status screen). The log recording is enabled by default in the app settings.

Best regards,
Alexey Chernikov
AlfaOBD

·
Registered
331 Posts
So is it official now that a used stock ecm has been changed to work 100% in a different truck ?
Can any of you guys that have accomplished this, care to pm me with directions and tools needed or would you consider changing my used one over for me? I am waiting to get the AEM done.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Once this process is thoroughly ironed out, we need to create a single thread dedicated to reprogramming the ECU and then make it a "sticky". Tons of valuable info in this thread that eventually needs to be condensed into a single thread.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I believe the answer to be yes, but I have not had experience yet. My 3rd ECU is arriving today so maybe Friday the 13th will be my lucky day.

To complete this, you will need to make sure the “new” ECU will work with your truck. 2016 and newer have DEF quality sensors in the tank and if you install one of these in a 14 or 15, you will get a check engine light.

You need the AlfaOBD software and appropriate OBD adapter for whatever device you are running AlfaOBD on.

Once you have all of that, swap out the ECU, program your VIN and injector codes, clear any faults, and you should be good. You do not need to disconnect the battery to do the swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

441 - 460 of 728 Posts