RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got an email today saying they put a tech on it all day yesterday doing the tests Chrysler recommended to no avail (no specifics). Then stated the Chrysler tech should be here Monday or Tuesday next week. So I guess its on to week 3 then...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
PHX, AZ
Just picked up a 2017 2wd on sep 28-2017
Truck has just over 2000 miles on it averaging 29.1 MPG
Filled up the Truck last night, Check Engine Light popped up this morning.
Stopped by the dealer where I was told they could not fit me in. Bring it back tomorrow.
Pulled the code and sure enough it matches this Forum... feeling a little lemony at the moment.
*Crosses Fingers*

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got my truck back finally 2 days ago. They replaced injectors 3 and 4. CEL has now stayed off. Still nervous about the whole ordeal since the STAR line originally recommended that the fuel pumps and all injectors be replaced. Chrysler tech came in after and had them run additional tests apparently showing fuel in tank was good, pump working as it should, and rest of injectors good. Supposedly the dealer is going to get me a 100k bumper to bumper warranty that will cover the fuel and emissions among everything else due to having my truck for 3 weeks plus.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Got mine back late this afternoon. After a bunch of test and working with Star, my servicing dealer replaced injector #4 which was on putting out about 5ml compared to I believe 30 ml for normal.
It was replaced under warranty. I am at 69K miles. Same code P026C.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Have not drove much since picking it up. But my MPG dropped even more. I am now at 14 MPG. Should be almost 20 for me. Could change in the next coupe of days as I drive more.

However, this afternoon the CEL came back with the same code when I drove up a particular step section of road. The code has came on 3 times in the same spot of road since May.

So perhaps it is some angle, rpm rev and sudden increase in hp/torque demand that causes this code to be set for me. Don't know. But I will mention it again. The servicing dealer checked the fuel lines and fuel pump on this last service. Apparently, the fuel system and pump passed the battery of test and did not warrant any work.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looks like I'm in the same boat sheepdog my CEL came back on again, had it scanned at Oreillys same code.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So dealer contacted me said they are going to find me a suitable trade for my truck likely this is the easiest out for them. Bummed cause minus this big issue this is the truck I wanted but have come to the realization I wont be able to trust it if I keep it.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Trade it for a 17 if they give you enough to make it worth while. Also talk to GDE and see if they have any insight as to what is going on. They have more knowledge about the Eco than the dealers do.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I purchased a new 2017 Ecodiesel last month. At 300 miles I had CEL come on, took it to an auto parts store to get the code read and it came up as P050E Took to dealer they checked it out, said that there's a service bulletin out on it and there's no fix to resolve it at this time and it's ok to drive for it's a nuisance code. I bought a OBD Link WiFi code scanner and the code has come up several more times and I've been able to clear it. Now I have the P026C code coming up and the truck has just under 1200 miles! Upon reading all of the other posts here I see that these codes you guys are reporting are on later trucks with a lot more miles than I have on mine. So I'm asking why am I having these issues at a much earlier stage in the trucks life and it being a much newer truck than what I've read about that's posted here?

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Perhaps it is because you have a more severe climate than most of us do.

When a code P050E is stored, it means that the powertrain control module (PCM) has detected an exhaust temperature that is below the minimum threshold, at cold start.

·
Super Moderator
3,260 Posts
Getting a code reader clearer was a good call. Hope you also make full use of your block heater & a weather front. Personally I would also consider a tune that turns off EGR & minimizes regens. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hi Folks,

I still have this P206C MIL code on my 2014. It has been about a year now and when I have brought it in they have replaced something under warranty and after a few days it comes back on. Each service visit requires me to leave my truck for a minimum of two working days and it becomes a real pain as I need my truck on the ranch on a daily basis. Anyhow, I am getting ready to bring back in sometime this month to give them another go at fixing it.

I am trying to do some research in advance to communicate with my servicing dealer and FCA star so when I do get back in they can have parts on hand and give it some higher priority in the service department to get it done as quick as possible so I can go back to work.

Today I was looking at my Torque Pro app to see if it could diagnose the root cause. I have attached a screen shot of my truck at idle but I really have no idea on what all those values mean. I was hoping maybe some of you that also monitor your vehicle with a similar app or tool could compare my values with your own.

There is also a test mode on Torque so I ran it and this is what I got back:

Mode $06 report generated by Torque for Android
================================================

Vehicle VIN:
Vehicle Manufacturer: Unknown
Vehicle Calibration ID: 68306455AC
NXSBD0022412510

Test report:
------------------
MID:$01 TID:$81
- O2 Bank 1 Sensor 1
Max: 16.9798% Min: 5.47987%
Test result value: 11.58997%
PASS
----
MID:$01 TID:$82
- O2 Bank 1 Sensor 1
Max: 27.1979% Min: 14.59924%
Test result value: 19.3802%
PASS
----
MID:$01 TID:$83
- O2 Bank 1 Sensor 1
Max: 3S Min: 0S
Test result value: 0.7S
PASS
----
MID:$01 TID:$9c
- O2 Bank 1 Sensor 1
Max: 1.8S Min: 0S
Test result value: 0.7S
PASS
----
MID:$01 TID:$9d
- O2 Bank 1 Sensor 1
Max: 4.3S Min: 0S
Test result value: 1.4S
PASS
----
MID:$02 TID:$84
- O2 Bank 1 Sensor 2
Max: 1.99958 Min: -9.99424
Test result value: -0.11803
PASS
----
MID:$02 TID:$85
- O2 Bank 1 Sensor 2
Max: 9.99393 Min: -0.49989
Test result value: 0.08509
PASS
----
MID:$02 TID:$86
- O2 Bank 1 Sensor 2
Max: 6S Min: 0S
Test result value: 0.5S
PASS
----
MID:$02 TID:$88
- O2 Bank 1 Sensor 2
Max: 50 Min: 32,768
Test result value: 7
FAIL
----
MID:$02 TID:$89
- O2 Bank 1 Sensor 2
Max: 32,767 Min: 65,486
Test result value: 7
FAIL
----
MID:$03 TID:$8a
- O2 Bank 1 Sensor 3
Max: 655.34998% Min: 100%
Test result value: 327.66998%
PASS
----
MID:$03 TID:$8b
- O2 Bank 1 Sensor 3
Max: 500 Min: 0
Test result value: 0
PASS
----
MID:$04 TID:$8c
- O2 Bank 1 Sensor 4
Max: 32,767 Min: 2
Test result value: 17
PASS
----
MID:$04 TID:$8e
- O2 Bank 1 Sensor 4
Max: 50 Min: 32,768
FAIL
----
MID:$04 TID:$8f
- O2 Bank 1 Sensor 4
Max: 32,767 Min: 65,486
FAIL
----
MID:$21 TID:$90
- Catalyst Monitor Bank 1
Max: 19.98817 Min: 0.8299
Test result value: 0.91805
PASS
----
MID:$31 TID:$91
- EGR Monitor Bank 1
Max: 6% Min: -327.67999%
Test result value: 0.16%
PASS
----
MID:$31 TID:$92
- EGR Monitor Bank 1
Max: 9% Min: -327.67999%
Test result value: 0.31%
PASS
----
MID:$31 TID:$93
- EGR Monitor Bank 1
Max: 19.98817 Min: 0.59993
Test result value: 0.80764
PASS
----

There is a total of 4 failures in the test harness. I have no clue as to how they could be related to my P026C code, if at all. What do you folks think?

Below is a screenshot from my torque pro app.

screenshot.jpg

I just had a regen two days ago, but torque still reports it as 100% full. I do not know what DPF AVGF or DPF AVGT are. How do my values compare to your own?

Thanks in advance for your effort and help.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hello everyone.
I have 136K km (about 85K miles). About a month ago my truck through P026C. I cleared it, but it came back in about a week or two. Dealer cleared it again. In another 2-3 weeks code came back again. Dealer recommends similar to what is written above. What I noticed changed since last year: my fuel consumption is up. Conditions when code comes up: I noticed it happens when I am going up the hill. No loss of power, truck sounds and runs normal, except for fuel consumption. What is interesting is that yesterday my low fuel indicator came on and code cleared itself. I am still going to the dealer on Monday and will post here how (if ever) the truck will be fixed.

·
Registered
102 Posts
About 6 months ago I noticed a significant drop in fuel economy though initially no CEL's This was at about 85K miles. Other than drop in mileage truck was running well. By April I started to get CEL's Turbo Under-boost - which would put me into limp mode and more often the P026C. In May They got more frequent until the last week before my GDE arrived I could not make it too or from work (65 miles) without getting an P026C. I have not received one since installing GDE. I will say that I thoroughly cleaned
EGR tube and MAP sensor when installing the GDE so this could be a factor as well. The MAP sensor as many of you know has an important functionality in fuel metering. Interesting considering the explanation of P026C..... What is really frightening from the stories of the trips to the dealers is that its clear these guys have no idea where to start and just begin throwing parts at a problem. For those of you that have never pulled your egr.. and have no GDE...I really cant emphasize enough how bad the sludge is going to be in the intake after even 50K. I was surprised my truck would even run in that condition and in truth it was probably very close to reaching a point were i it simply wouldn't..Run long enough the sludge would fill the entire volume of the intake.

·
Registered
13,537 Posts
The original OP for this thread was Chuck Crossan.He came back a couple times since this was started last year. Think the last post talked about "throwing the Ecodiesel over a cliff". No more updates so maybe it's at the bottom of a West Virginia canyon. There was no final summary.

As for the rest - taken over...

·
Registered
322 Posts
I just had a regen two days ago, but torque still reports it as 100% full. I do not know what DPF AVGF or DPF AVGT are. How do my values compare to your own?

Thanks in advance for your effort and help.
That DPG AVGF is miles traveled (average) for your last regen, you regen every 87 miles means imo the truck is not seeing much freeway time or heavy loads to help itself keep the dpf clean.

The DPG AVGT is mins ridden (average) for your last regen.

You averaged 214 mins of driving time for only 87 miles from your last few regens.

My last averages are 491 mins of driving time for 240 miles. Do you drive your truck in lots of stop and go situations?

·
Registered
533 Posts
About 6 months ago I noticed a significant drop in fuel economy though initially no CEL's This was at about 85K miles. Other than drop in mileage truck was running well. By April I started to get CEL's Turbo Under-boost - which would put me into limp mode and more often the P026C. In May They got more frequent until the last week before my GDE arrived I could not make it too or from work (65 miles) without getting an P026C. I have not received one since installing GDE. I will say that I thoroughly cleaned
EGR tube and MAP sensor when installing the GDE so this could be a factor as well. The MAP sensor as many of you know has an important functionality in fuel metering. Interesting considering the explanation of P026C..... What is really frightening from the stories of the trips to the dealers is that its clear these guys have no idea where to start and just begin throwing parts at a problem. For those of you that have never pulled your egr.. and have no GDE...I really cant emphasize enough how bad the sludge is going to be in the intake after even 50K. I was surprised my truck would even run in that condition and in truth it was probably very close to reaching a point were i it simply wouldn't..Run long enough the sludge would fill the entire volume of the intake.

Here is what my intake looked like at 92,000 miles....

20180712_111255.jpg

20180712_111300.jpg

20180712_111308.jpg

41 - 60 of 78 Posts