RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Just an update for my truck. Since my last post I had P026C popping up and clearing itself 3-4 times. Code always comes up when I am driving uphill. I never went to the dealer. I think they just charging money and not doing anything much. I am thinking on ordering GDE and doing the same as mikeyoung did, cleaning EGR tube and MAP sensor.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I hope this is final update. I installed full delete (EGR cooler is still present but there is a plate installed downstream of EGR cooler to prevent anything getting through EGR), and after 6000 km (~4000 miles) no codes have appeared. I noticed slight drivability improvement and better mileage. Temperatures are more stable during long highway drives. When installing delete, guys noticed a lot of soot downstream of EGR cooler. I have not cleaned MAP sensor etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I have the 2015 EcoDiesel also have just bought it about a year ago and I am having that same problem with horrible lag on acceleration especially after just starting the vehicle, and it did seem to get worse a little after I just had a software update last month. I am also not getting the engine code P026C, (Fuel Injection Quantity Lower than Expected). Does anyone here have any good idea what is the fix to correct these issues. I have taken my truck to the local Dodge dealership 4 different days over a 2 week period for them to troubleshoot the trouble code only and they have no idea what is causing it yet after 2 weeks. Then I drove from Kansas City to Arkansas for a trip and the code cleared. Then after about a month back at home driving an hour back and forth to work, then code has popped back up again. Appreciate any help anyone con provide!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I also did the FCA software update for the class action suit settlement about a month ago. Now I am getting the P026C code. Could the two be related?

My mechanic there is a technical service bulletin (TSB) regarding this code and wants to spend an hour or two checking out the various system the TSB indicates should be checked. This includes fuel filter, air filter, O2 sensor. I'm not too keen on taking this vehicle to the dealer as they charge $140/hour for a "diesel" mechanic and I'm more confident in my local guy.

I've got about 31,000 miles on the truck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a 2018. Started with this code a few months ago. Been back to dealer 3x since it’s under warranty. First 2 times they did fuel injection service. They are now putting in a solenoid pump.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Here’s an update. The CEL stayed on for a few days and about 150 miles. On my last trip of 40 highway miles I made a point of stomping the accelerator and running high revs. One start after that and voila, the CEL was off. Hope it stays off because it sounds like it’s been fooling a lot of dealer mechanics trying to track it down. For safe measure, am changing out the fuel and air filters which are due anyway.

·
Registered
40 Posts
2 months has gone by and am still clear of the CEL. Am still making a point of stomping the accelerator from time to time on the highway. Does anyone else think this is a reasonable way to clear out the fuel injectors?

·
Registered
533 Posts
2 months has gone by and am still clear of the CEL. Am still making a point of stomping the accelerator from time to time on the highway. Does anyone else think this is a reasonable way to clear out the fuel injectors?
Errrmmmm... Probably not. I have never stomped on a diesel to "clear the injectors", and I have a fair amount of time behind diesel engines.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just went through this for 4 months with everything from injectors to fuel pressure reg changed. Dealership finally changed the turbo boost pressure sensor and they say the truck has been fixed and is running good. going to find out in a few days. Turbo underboost is the main culprit with the P0296c code tricking them i think is whats happening. I thought it was egr valve but now there is a recall so finally that will get fixed

·
Registered
146 Posts
Mine threw aCEL last Friday. Took it to my dealer the next morning. The read the code and it showed low fuel quantity in one injector. Long story short, they found that my EGR was bad.

·
Registered
26 Posts

https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls?nhtsaId=19V757
Ok, heres my situation. I had the code p026c.It ended up at the dealer five times and over a month and a half total days in the shop.. They replaced the injectors, rails,fuel pumps, fuel filter, drained the tank, all seals, oxygen sensor and finally the scr catalyst, now the truck is fine and mileage is up considerably.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ok, heres my situation. I had the code p026c.It ended up at the dealer five times and over a month and a half total days in the shop.. They replaced the injectors, rails,fuel pumps, fuel filter, drained the tank, all seals, oxygen sensor and finally the scr catalyst, now the truck is fine and mileage is up considerably.
So, in other words, you got a new engine ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got a service engine light on my Eco. I put a code reader on it and its throwing code P026C. I found some sketchy info on the net that says Fuel Injection Quantity- quantity lower than expected. Last oil change at 11500 I changed the fuel filter I know have 19000 on it. Has anyone ran into this? Is this possibly a fuel filter change or injector issues? Thanks in advanced.
I'm in the middle of all this bs right now as we speak. (2015 Ecodiesel Big Horn crew cab 54,000 miles)They hey have had my truck for 6 weeks. They changed the turbo, fuel lines, and fuel filter. A week later the code came back. Mind you the truck has been riding great for the last 5 years with no issues. Now they tell me they are doing a fuel sample and found the fuel was bad. They said this was not covered by my warranty and I need to replace my fuel pump, fuel injectors, drain all the diesel fuel and flush the whole system. Remember the truck still has no issues running just this P026C idiot light. So I had to turn it into my insurance company for the 7000.00 repair. Now waiting on financing company to sign the check, it's been a week so far and the Dodge dealer won't release my truck until they get paid. Unfreaking believable. This is my first and last diesel and first and last Dodge. Happy 4th of July. Still going to buy America just not a Dodge.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Sir DEW there were a lot of dealers who played the " bad fuel " card ,
it was a lie .
this could cost you $15,000 , dealer = Stealer....
here is just one exemple :

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sir DEW there were a lot of dealers who played the " bad fuel " card ,
it was a lie .
here is just one exemple :
Yes I have read many threads about the "bad fuel". The biggest thing that screws me up is that there's was nothing wrong with the truck except the P026C fault code. It ran great. It ran better better before they did the emissions computer update but still ran great. Thanks for the follow up Kazimodo.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts